The title says it all. It’s been a fun month of playing around with running, yoga and strength, but it’s time to kick it up a notch. And actually stick to my monthly goals. Recap is happening August 1.
- STICK TO MY HALF MARATHON SCHEDULE. I want to run the Lululemon Seawheeze Half in under 2 hours. This means I need to stick to the schedule. I’ll be posting my schedule every Monday and recapping on Sundays.
- Apply for the two positions at my school’s paper that I’m interested in. Writing the cover letters tonight, editing and submitting tomorrow.
- Keep up with all my readings for classes. I’m only in two classes, so I have no ecuse to slack.
- Find a new job. I’ve been a sales assistant and cashier at the furniture/home store where I work for almost a year and I’m over it. Time to find something new.
- Fit into the jeans that I can currently not quite buckle. I’m 158lbs now and I’ve been as low as 146lbs within the past year and I think if I got down to there again I could actually buckle those jeans of mine.
- Take care of my hair. I have INSANELY curly and messy hair and so I’ve been getting it permanently straightened for years. Last time I got it done was in February 2010, I believe. It’s about 1/2 grown out now and I want to grow it out fully and see if I can learn to tame it in it’s natural state rather than spending $500/year on straightening it.
- Try a running club out. I want to try running with other people since none of my friends run and I’m tired of going to races alone :/
So there we go! Seven goals for the month. I’ll check in weekly to update you all on my progress and hopefully I’ll be able to stay on track!