My exams that is. Now I get 3 weeks off before fall semester begins. 3 weeks to accomplish so many things I want to get done before classes start…
And with that (not so) brilliant segue I’ll go on to my next topic. Goals! I have a bunch of things I want to do this summer, but, more importantly, I have things I want to get done next week. Just minor goals, that if I complete week after week after week will get me to where I want to go. I write out a list of what I want to get done before classes start sometime in the next few days, but since it’s the start of a new week, I figure I should get to posting my weekly goals now!
1. Run 9 miles – I’m trying to up my weekly mileage, but I need to do it slowly because seven years of basketball have not been kind to my knees. And then there’s that chronic ankle sprain. And the shin splints. You get the point, I’m sure.
2. 5 strength training session – I majorly slacked off last week and only did two upper body ones, so this week I’m going to commit to 2 lower body workouts and 3 upper body ones. Strength training is so important and, on a vain note, I’m really liking the tiny bit of definition I’m starting to get in my arms :)
3. Stretch everyday – I have super tight muscles that end up being really painful and are, according to my physiotherapist, the cause for some of knee problems. My quads are so tight that they’re tugging on my patella (knee cap). Sound unpleasant and feels rather painful.
4. Organize my table – it’s insanely messy and I need it to be neat for when classes start-up again because I’ll be taking 4-5 of them and organization is going to be key.
5. Drop of some resumes – I need a job ASAP. I’ve majorly slacked off on this all summer, but education doesn’t come free, and neither do laptops, DSLR cameras, makeup, clothing, nights out…yeah, if I want to have that kind of lifestyle, I need to figure out a way to support it and a job seems like the easiest (legal) way to do it.
Question of the day:
Do you set weekly goals? Do you find they help you stay on track?